A few months ago, we ran a little tongue-in-cheek piece in the PhotographyBB Magazine about the best way to back up your digital photos – print them. It’s true, as digital storage technologies change (how many of you still own a CD-ROM?), the fine art of printing our images truly do make them stand up to the test of time. Not unlike the craft of photography, or the skill of working with lighting and flash, printing is a fine art unto itself. Every photographer, from amateur to professionals could all use a masterclass in preparing images for print, profiling, sharpening, etc… and where better to get that education from one of the best and most affordable sources, Craft & Vision.
Making The Print: Printing Techniques for the Digital Photographer – A MASTERCLASS by Martin Bailey is the second eBook in the Craft & Vision Masterclass Series, and as expected, it’s packed with the good stuff when it comes to photographic education. This eBook is a primer on printing and image preparation (for print), and includes excellent step-by-step instructions with plenty of visuals to help make the printing process exciting.
Here’s what you’ll gain from this eBook:
- Calibration: Your monitor, your printer, and your camera.
- Print Profiles & Color Management – How to get the most accurate color reproduction.
- Sharpening for Print – The skill and technique for perfectly sharp prints.
- The right way to size images for printing with borders.
- Printing for canvas wraps, and how to do it yourself!
- Printing for an exhibition.
Hey, there’s a discount!
Whether you are learning photography as a beginner, a hobbyist, or you are a professional, there’s no better investment in the continued growth of your photography for $5, although today thru Dec 21st, 2011, you get it for only $4 with the discount code: PRINT4 or us the code PRINT20 to get 20% off if you are purchasing any 5 or more eBooks (codes expires at 11:59pm PST Jan. 21st, 2012).
Click to view larger, additional page samples.
The downloadable PDF is just $5USD. (or only $4 today if you use the discount code: PRINT4)
You can view some page samples or download the ebook here: Making the Print: Printing Techniques for the Digital Photographer – A MASTERCLASS.
Happy Photographing folks!
Latest posts by Dave (see all)
- How a Photography Project 365 Can KILL Your Creativity - January 20, 2014
- The Camera that Every Photographer Wants to Own - January 16, 2014
- Free Photoshop Snowglobe Action from PhotographyBB - December 24, 2013