Be the versatile portrait photographer who isn’t afraid of flash photography
Get started today with flash photography, a crucial skill in a well-rounded portrait photographer. Author, Andy Lim, reveals how to combine Speedlights with available light to create compelling portrait photography.
This special bundle includes the Portrait Lighting eBook plus all 3 companion guides (VOLUMES 1, 2 and 3) that contain 24 different detailed lighting setups where various portrait scenarios are illustrated and tackled. You will see how and why Andy chose the lighting settings for each example, and see how different settings would result in a different feel in the portrait.
Here’s What You Will Learn
- Budget Pro Lighting Kit and Equipment Checklist
- How It All Comes Together
- Soft Light and Hard Light
- The Relationship of Light Source Size and Softness of Light
- Using Light Modifiers: Softbox vs Umbrella
- Exposure Control using Speedlights
- How to Set the Power on a Speedlight
- The Effect of Shutter Speed on Flash Exposure
- The Relationship of Aperture and Flash Power
- Flash Exposure Table
- Flash Sync Speed
- Matching Flash Power with Ambient Light
- Cross-Lighting with Flash and Ambient Light
- Using High Speed Sync
- Mixing a Monolight with Speedlights
- Shooting Wide Apertures in Bright Sunlight
- Out-of-Focus Backlit Backgrounds
- Freezing Motion with High-Speed Sync
Easy To Follow and Apply To Your Own Portraits
Simple lighting techniques that create powerful results. Created very quickly using the most basic equipment. Replicate the same amazing results in your own shoots!
About the Author
Andy Lim got started in photography after leaving design college in 1992, and has given several public talks on the subject of photography. He has a gallery of travel and landscape photography, which showcases his work, some of which have been published worldwide. Andy conducts SimpleSLR hands-on digital photography workshops, from beginners to advanced levels.
Andy Lim is an accomplished professional wedding photographer. His brand, Emotion in Pictures, attracts clients worldwide with his unique flavor of wedding and portrait photography.