Welcome back to the next round in our new year of contests and challenges folks. This particular contest should be an interesting one as we face off the beginners against the experts. Since we believe in life-long learning at PhotographyBB, we want to reward those who seek knowledge, as well as those who are kind enough to mentor and/or provide knowledge.
For some time now, we’ve had great success with our “No Stupid Questions” room in the PhotographyBB Forums. Here, beginners can feel free to post any photography related question they’ve had on their minds, and receive an answer from one of our more experienced members. It’s worked great and we’ve helped many people who may have otherwise been too shy to ask their question… until now…. We have a lovely prize package for one lucky “beginner” as well as one lucky “expert.” So here’s how this is going to work:
Beginners: Ask Your Questions!
We want all of the great folks who are just getting started with photography, digital SLR cameras, and image processing to put on your thinking caps and ask any question you may have burning inside you. There are 3 categories for you to post your questions in, and they MUST follow a specific format (see the brief “Rules” section for details).
The categories are:
- All questions must be submitted in the CORRECT category in the PhotographyBB Forums. If you are not yet a forum member, registration is extremely fast and free. Any questions submitted into the wrong category will be eliminated.
- When posting a question, the SUBJECT line of your posting must be related to your question. For example, we will not accept subject lines that read, “I need help!”. An example of an appropriate subject line would be, “What is Manual Mode?” If your question is a long one (which is great) please title the subject line appropriately so the “experts” can have some idea what the posted question will be regarding.
- Maximum of 5 questions per person.
- Contest period runs from Feb 5th to March 5th, 2010.
Experts: Share Your Knowledge!
To all of our more experienced members and those of you who enjoy sharing knowledge and helping others, we haven’t forgotten you! We want you to post your answers to the beginners’ questions, and since we want to encourage your participation you may answer as many questions as you can. There are some rules for our expert submissions too, namely:
- You may answer as many questions as you would like to, however, the most thorough and easy to understand responses will be most likely to win our “experts” prize package.
- If a response to a question has already been posted, you are still free to add to the reply. Once we feel that the question has been answered appropriately and thoroughly, the thread will be locked.
That’s really all there is to it folks! Once again, we will have 2 prize packages, one for the beginners and one for the experts. The winner of the beginners contest will receive Scott Kelby’s “The Digital Photography Book” volumes 1 through 3. The winner of the experts contest will receive a copy of “VisionMongers” by David duChemin. Both groups will also receive our entire collection of Premium Photoshop Actions. Additionally, more prizes will be revealed as the contest goes on! Let’s all have a great time learning and enjoying digital photography and image processing. Bring on your questions and answers!
Latest posts by Dave (see all)
- How to Shoot Ghostly Halloween Photos – In-Camera - October 17, 2013
- The Easiest and Most Natural Way to Make Your Photos More Powerful - October 15, 2013
- The Top 3 Photography eBooks and How to Get Them Free - October 7, 2013