Top 10 Signs You Are Obsessed With Photography

Let’s just get it out of the way and face the facts right off the bat. If you’re reading this, chances are you are already in love with photography (as are we!).

These types of posts are always fun to do, plus every now and then it’s nice to take a break from the seriousness of life and poke fun at ourselves as photographers. I’ve compiled a list of the top ten signs you are obsessed with photography for your entertainment. While these are not all mine, I’ve included the ones that I found to be most true (and therefore, most amusing). How many of these are true for you? Enjoy!

Top 10 Signs You Are Obsessed With Photography

10. You can actually tell what kind of camera someone is using from over 30 feet away.

9. You have tried to claim “Photoshop” as a medical expense because it’s good therapy.

8. When planning a vacation, your main concern is finding a hotel that offers wifi so you’ll be able to upload your photos to the web, daily.

7. You own more than one camera bag even though you only have one camera.

6. You refer to cleaning up after dinner as “post-processing the kitchen.”

5. You can’t remember the date of your best friend’s birthday, but you know all the specs of your camera and lenses by heart.

4. When attending a wedding, you are more interested in what the photographer is doing than what the bride and groom are doing.

3. When you see a photo of a model, you find yourself more interested in what lighting was used and how much processing may have been done.

2. You understand that 22 is actually smaller than 5.6

1. When gazing upon a beautiful landscape you think to yourself, “That’s lovely, but imagine what it would look like if I bumped-up the sharpness and saturation!”

DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?

If so, please join over 125,000 other photography enthusiasts who receive tips on how to make stronger and even more compelling photographs. You'll also receive a special FREE 53-page edition of our new e-magazine - CLARITY: PHOTOGRAPHY BEYOND THE CAMERA. Tap that beautiful green button below!

GET STARTED!

25 Responses

  1. Jim

    Too many of these apply to me, way too many!

    #7 should be “You own more camera bags than cameras.” Anybody ‘obsessed with photography’ is not going to have just one body.

    #2 “22 is smaller than 5.6″ would be great on a T-shirt.

    Thanks for the smile.

  2. One more to add…When you look in the mirror and notice a few imperfections and you think to yourself…”well I can just photoshop that out”, your obssessed.

  3. Dannybuoy

    Very true. Especially the bags. I have several. I am truly obsessed with photography. Last week I read a review of the Leica x1. Through out the week I read more reviews. I lay awake at night thinking about it. All week I read about it. On Saturday I was bidding on one on eBay as I drove home from a day out. I won it. I have spent the entire weekend looking and reading about it on my iPhone/iPad. I have seen just about every photo taken on one on Flickr. Tomorrow I pick it up from the seller. I’m so excited, it’s like the feeling I used to get on Christmas eve. I am truly obsessed. And its only my back up camera. My 5Dmk2 still excites me too. I love it!! ;-)

  4. Boogerschnot

    hmmm damnit! i thought i was only obsessed with beautiful women!

    2. You understand that 22 is actually smaller than 5.6

    4. When attending a wedding, you are more interested in what the photographer is doing than what the bride and groom are doing.

    5. You can’t remember the date of your best friend’s birthday, but you know all the specs of your camera and lenses by heart.

    8. When planning a vacation, your main concern is finding a hotel that offers wifi so you’ll be able to upload your photos to the web, daily.

    10. You can actually tell what kind of camera someone is using from over 30 feet away.

    … at least im not guilty of all of it! :P

  5. Pingback : Top 10 Signs you are addicted to Photography

  6. Bob

    10, 7, 4, 2 For me…

    #7 I am still trying to find the right camera bag, I have too many in my closet. Camera bags are harder to choose than cameras and lenses.

    I am also guilty of the missing #11…..

    #11. When you are making your toast in the morning you need to adjust the “contrast” setting on the toaster to get the toast just toasted to your liking.

  7. 11. 90% of your daily emails are related photography. The other 10% your rarely open.
    12. As soon as you get the camera you’ve always wanted (refinaced your home) Your searching for your next camera
    13. Your camera rides shotgun in your vehicle, you family & friends set in the rear seats.
    14. Sunroof is always open, rain, snow or 100 degrees, just for that magical shot (New York City)
    15. You photography while driving (crossing bridges etc)
    16. TV sports events, news, your eyes are on photographers, interested in what lens they are using.

Leave a Reply